Many of our organizational clients have requested we bring training in-house to teach leaders, managers, executives and supervisors how to coach their employees. These organizations are interested in creating a “coaching culture” – a culture that favors:
- Empowerment over micro-management and control
- A focus on employee strengths rather than weaknesses
- Clarity of expectations and accountability rather than assigning blame
- Collaborative problem-solving rather than interdepartmental competition
- Exploration, discovery and excitement rather than fear
Our highly-interactive training program gets your leaders practicing the essential skills of coaching immediately, including respectful listening, asking powerful questions, providing honest, constructive feedback, evoking excellence and accountability,
challenging for results, goal-setting and action planning. Participants learn the highly-effective Coaching Conversation a structured, 8-step process that stimulates employees to step up to the challenges of problem-solving, generates new thinking, innovative solutions and ownership for taking action.
If you are considering developing an internal coaching program utilizing in-house coaches, this unique two-day program is ideal for building the skills of your internal coaches. They will learn both the basics of coaching (and confidentiality and ethics), as well as advanced coaching skills and tools and techniques for rapidly accelerating the growth, development, progress and results of your workforce.
Our Leader as Coach course was originally developed as a graduate course for the University of Denver, and is taught at a level that respects the intelligence and talents of your executives.
People join organizations and leave bosses. Don’t let high turnover impact your bottom line. Teach all your executives how to take more of a coach approach to leadership. Help them learn a process designed to help individual employees and teams achieve and sustain top performance in ways that are linked to the organization’s goals.
Our two-day workshop covers the following topics:
- Listening for understanding
- Smart questions (designed to stimulate new thinking and discover new ways to approach problems)
- Straight talk (telling the truth in ways people can hear it)
- Clarifying expectations
- Planning and goal setting
- Performance management
- Supporting sustained action
- Providing feedback
- Fostering accountability
- Acknowledging, recognizing and rewarding excellent work
Your executives will be coaching within the first hour of this highly-interactive and highly-engaging workshop. Call us today to schedule the two-day Leader as Coach program for your team or organization. Phone: 303-947-5700
“Great timing! I’m so glad to have had the opportunity to take this program right before evaluations.”
– D. Buckholz, Colorado Springs Utilities
“Wow! This was the best training program we’ve ever brought into our organization, and we bring in a lot of them. I learned so much about how to better manage and lead employees, and how to maximize our performance. I can’t thank you enough.”
– Gary H., COO, large regional medical center